Saturday, October 15, 2005

I'm home and staying home

I'm home from the Spirit Led Women's conference in Orlando. Heidi Baker cancelled due to illness, and she's the only reason I wanted to go. I'm not big into women's conference. But, the church graciously paid for me to go, so I went and hung out with my pastor and elder's wife-buddies.

I'm not sure why the Lord had me there. I didn't get much out of any of the sessions, though others were being blessed. And to be honest, I didn't want to have the "what's in it for me" mentality. Too much of that going on in Christiandom as is. I respect the conference sponsor and host, and all the speakers, Kim Daniels is awesome, but this afternoon I had to ask the Lord, "Why did I come?"

He reminded me of what He spoke to me in the first ten minutes of the opening session yesterday afternoon. And I knew. He took me all the way to Orlando to tell me I'm in a new season. Going up higher. Which means less of me and more of Him.

He has me in a good place and I'm grateful. I'm going to keep pressing into Him. He loves me. It's all about YOU, Jesus.

Two other things impacted me. One was last night when Jill Austin was ministering. She called out two college age girls and told them how God would use them on campuses. They were balled up, on the floor, crying and interceeding. I looked back and one of them groans, "Revival!" I immediately teared up. The anointing and heart of God was on her cry. "REVIVAL!"
The second was today. I prayed with Bonnie, our senior pastor's wife, and saw the new thing the Lord is doing in her life, and it really blessed me. She's such a Godly example. We need her voice.

So, that was my weekend. I'm anxious to get back to writing. Next week is POWER WRITE WEEK. Although Tony's folks will be here on Thursday, I only lose one weekday, if that. So, I'm going to keep it as Power Week. Then, Tony is going to get me a week over in Orlando at the time share for DOUBLE POWER WRITE WEEK. No interruptions, no internet, no meetings, no dogs, no whatever. :)

So, guess I'm not staying home after all.

Peace!

No comments: