Friday, October 21, 2005

Conversations with a Songwriter

I met with an NSAI songwriter this morning and had such a great time. She was such a great help, and confirmed my research and helped with some of my scenarios. Turns out she is a Christian, too, and we prayed a blessing over each other's work before I left her home. Isn't that too cool! Only God, only God!

She is like my character - a Christian writing country songs. I'm getting more and more of a feel for this, but still need a deep brainstorm. Ha! I'm jotting notes, thinking and plotting. Monday I'm talking to my editor and will run some things by her to see if they fly. Then, I have a session with my writer buds for brainstorming, so I should have a good idea of where the story is going by Monday night. Just in time for Power Write Week!

I really feel God is moving in me and through me with the story. So very odd, I know, to read, but it's like He wants to tell this story. For example, I needed a new name for my heroine. During toss-n-turn night, I thought of a name. It seemed so clear. Perfect. But in the light of day, I went back to another name I liked. Well, I was praying yesterday afternoon and the other name came to mind and I knew I needed to use it. Hum... Okay, Lord, this is Your story. I'll name her what you want. Robin.

Doesn't this sound so great? The thinking up is the great part. The writing is the HARD part.

This verse in Romans 4 blessed me. Verses 6-8 "Just as David also speaks of the blessing on the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works: blessed are those whose lawless deeds have been forgiven, and whose sins have been covered. Blessed is hte man whose sin the Lord will not take into account."

Blessed! We are blessed when our sins are forgiven. Not just in the blessing of we avoid judgement, but we are honored, of good fortune, supremely blest, well-off, happy! Blessed. Isn't that cool?

Rejoice that your sins are forgiven and you are blessed! Walk in it.

Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am blessed. Thanks.

(Isn't God cool how He takes over a book like that?)