Tuesday, November 02, 2004

A writer, a geek, and a coffee house

I went to House of Joe's after prayer this morning to check email and work on Anywhere edits. Planning to meet CJ for lunch, I didn't want to go all the way back home. As usual, someone is sitting on the couch next to the outlet, so I sat at the counter.

I order an Irish Breakfast tea from A.J., plug in and boot up. A few minutes later, this guy comes breezin' in. He sets up with a nice new Mac. He tells me about grabit and other down load programs. "Wow," I say, sorta interested.

"I'm a geek," he says without turning red faced. He was a pretty interesting guy. Lived all over, in London and Japan. I'm trying to write between conversation bits, email and IM's. CJ IM'd to determine a lunch time and place.

Lesson learned. Writers should not go to places where their might be Geeks.

After lunch with CJ where I choose $100 worth of free jewelry from my Premier party, I stopped by Barnes -n- Noble to use Tony's gift card. Twenty whole dollars for books. I totally went in the buy Bridget Jones Diary 2, but remembered I wanted Shopaholic, and then I saw Sweet Potato Queens' Book of Love and put down BJD 2. I mean, after all, I do live in the USA, and I do live in the South! Though, I do love BJD's voice.

I voted on the way home from lunch and Barnes -n- Noble. The poll was busy, but I didn't have to wait in line. I'm happy to note the President is leading in Florida. Apparently, the I-4 corridor voted this year - Daytona to Tampa. Yeah, baby. Redneck country. I wonder how many pollsters call "Bubba"and ask him how he was votin'?

Cassie came over to use the "prayer room." Our guest room. She's praying and preparing for her teaching tomorrow, and watching the election results with us. I think I'm going to go into my room to edit Anywhere. Watching too much news is bad for me. Fogs up my rose colored glasses.

I walked again to night. Third night in a row! Ain't ya proud? It was dark on my way home, again. I've got to leave the house by 5:00 to beat the night!

Well, Presidential election aside, the edits must go on!

No comments: