Friday, November 11, 2005

Going home

Well, the whirlwind week in Nashvegas is coming to an end. I'm meeting with my lovely and gracious editor, Ami, this morning, then heading home.

Yesterday I met with songwriter Karen Staley with my friend, Lisa Young. Had a blast. We just hit it off. She was great. She's had songs cut by Faith Hill and Trick Pony and others. By the time we left Karen's, it was late afternoon. We fought the traffic across town to pick up Lisa's car that was in the shop. While waiting for her, I checked my voicemail and had a message from Chris Oglesby who owns a songwriter management company. He'd graciously hooked me up with songwriter Barry Dean of God's Will and Moving Oleida.

I met Barry at the NSAI building, enticed a very tired Lisa to tag along, and sat through his workshop. Then we three went for coffee. Very nice, creative, kind man.

And, very exciting, I got to say Hi to my friend and traveling Man of God, Shawn Bolz, on the phone. He's in Melbourne at a conference and was with Tony when I called. I always look forward to seeing Shawn, and I'm missing him this year! If you ever get to hear Shawn speak, do it! He is so practical about the things of God, but also very challenging. Stirs the heart to go deeper. He's had amazing experiences in the Lord and had incredible revelation. Yet, he's every day, real and relatable. :)

Well, I'm off to seize the day. Peace out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay your going home!!! (very selfishly this makes me happy, I want to see what you do with the rest of the Song of Solomon.)

Praying for a safe trip home for you!