Friday, January 07, 2005

Procrastination, the name of the game

What is it about starting a new story that breeds procrastination like pollen in the spring? Dang. I am dragging my heals on this Lambert's Peace story, but I want to write it. In fact, I already have a chapter by chapter outline, so it's not like I don't know where to go.

Christmas tree is still up. That should tell me something.

I feel tired. We've been getting up early for prayer this week, but not managing to get to bed early enough. Better than we were pre New Years, but still not when we should.

It's all excuses, though, isn't it?

Here's a great exhortation for waiting on the Lord in prayer: Isaiah 64:4. "He acts on behalf of those who wait on Him." You wait - braid yourself together with Him - and He will act on your behalf.

But it's true. Waiting is the hardest part.

I need a Diet Coke. 7-11 run.

Yeah! My sorority Big Sister visted my site. Yeah! Hi ya, Tish! Love you. ;)

1 comment:

Tracey Bateman said...

My tree is still up too. I've never left it up past January 1. LOL
Great scripture exhortation. Just wanted I needed to read.
Love you girl. GET SOME REST.
Write your book. Trust God. He'll give you the oomph you need to get it done.
T