Monday, October 30, 2006

Trip to Beaufort, SC - Day 3

Another very fun and very beautiful day in Beaufort, South Carolina.

I took a carriage tour of the historic downtown area first thing this morning, then stopped in at the Chamber of Commerce to meet Caroline Hipp, who's been most helpful to me. She's young, hip and v. cool. I had a great time getting a feel for the city from Caroline and he co-worker, Kristin, both 20-somethings like my heroine.

We ate lunch with Catherine's stepmom, and I ended up on another carriage ride later in the evening. The Ghost Tours. Yeah, not 100% my thing- Halloween - but the tour raises money to fight child abuse, which is my thing, and it was fun to tour the city and old homes at night.

No real ghost, just actors coming out of the dark in 1860's costumes and telling us stories.

Walked around downtown some after the tour and met the singer I heard Saturday night, Branan Logan. And go figure, he knows Craig Monday, a songwriter I met in Nashville. Lisa Young introduced me to him. What a small world. Craig has two songs on Branan's CD. I told him about Lost In NashVegas and he wanted to read it, so I'm giving him a copy Wednesday night.

I'm getting a good feel for the city and area, though there is so much to see and know. I'm going to focus on Beaufort for my setting.

Walked around in the afternoon, just thinking and taking pictures. I have to just give up thinking soon and get it going.

God is in control, right? Of course.

Came home from the Ghost Tour and downtown around 8:30. Did some online stuff then worked on the book's first chapter. Just have to get her voice and tone down.

Caroline feels sort of serious to me, but I want her to be fun yet deep.

It's hard to come up with a new character after Aubrey James in Diva NashVegas. To me, she's such a powerful character. But, I remember how hard she was to capture at first.

Grace, grace.

2 comments:

Kristy Dykes said...

I'm enjoying your trip to Beaufort vicariously. I feel like I'm right there. Blessings!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Continue to have fun!