Saturday, October 28, 2006

Trip to Beaufort, SC - Day 1

I just want to say, Google Map lied to me.

"Rachel," it said, "take I-95 to US-278, then SC-141 to SC-170, to SC-170N and turn right and there's your hotel." Each one of these exchanges were noted to be about 4 miles long - each.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Couldn't be any more wrong.

Nevertheless, I found Beaufort, South Carolina and my hotel no thanks to Google Maps. Those computer directions are always so whacked.

I'm glad I came up tonight. I ended up downtown, ate at a great restaurant, and discovered live country music in several of the downtown haunts. A couple of them traveling back and forth between Beaufort and Nashville. Works great for my next book.

Also talked to a sweet young woman, Bonnie, who's lived her most of her life and she gave me some great insider info. We are going to get together.

Confession: Driving 5 hours by myself is quite comical. I talk to myself.

I am excited to discover more of the beautiful city.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's update.

Peace out.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

wish I could-a come with you. Sounds like a fun time. On your way home you should try and find Paula Deans restaurant in Savanah GA
see you in a few weeks