Thursday, September 29, 2005

Waste My Life On Something. . .

Last night at youth church, Dave and I got in a groove with the band and starting singing antiphonally. Only Dave can make a D to G chord progression sound "groovin'." Yeah you heard me, groovin'.

I started singing, "I'm gonna waste my life on something, I might as well waste it on you, Jesus." Dave echoed with "You are worthy." It was very cool and first time I've been able to do that at Youth Church for a while. Happens every week at Fire Dweller, but not so much at youth or big church.

I'm really thankful to the Lord for what He's doing in David's life and that he's baaaaack!!! He's a great chief musician.

Yesterday was weird. I only wrote about 1600K words, but I only wrote for about 3 hours. Went to youth church, then Taco Bell. I can't believe I'm eating Taco Bell once a week. But, it's where the kids want to go afterwards and well, whaddya gonna do? ;) When it stops raining in the evenings, it's back to Checkers!

Well, tis all for now. I woke up this morning and took a walk-jog, (hot day already) am blogging as I cool off, will take a shower, then go up to church for Fire Dweller leaders meeting and come home and get to work. I really want to get the bulk of this story done, then I can edit and fix and make it purdy! I'm motivated. But you know my best writing time, really? It's weird. . . like 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Moral to the story: learn to settle my soul down earlier in the day.

Stop yakking soul! It would help if my email blew up and Diet Cokes weren't calling me from the 7-11. "Come buy us, come buy us."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually have no comment today. (LOL if you are thinking you never do... don't tell me.LOL)

All though I will say that sounds like a really cool groove. (Man I need to find me someplace that does real worship.)