Sunday, April 10, 2005

Transendent Beauty of the Divine

Midnight. Sitting in the bath tub. Reading. Relaxing. Gotta go to bed, but just one more page. The book is Marian Keyes "The Other Side of The Story." One of her characters, Lily, has fallen in love with a beautiful house, but she knows they can't afford it.

She says, "It's like coming face-to-face with the transendent beauty of the divine... I'm ruined for anything else."

Transendent beauty? Ruined for anything else? I was blown away! This is Jesus is the Bridegroom verbage. Language of the prayer room. Words I might hear at a Friday night Fire Dweller prayer meeting.

I don't know Marian Keyes spiritual heritage, but somehow she's aware of the Divine and His transendent beauty, and that once you've seen Him face to face, you're ruined for anything else. None of her characters seem to be aware of this Beauty. They pretty much live after the flesh, but I loved that line, that image and how God interjected a picture of Himself in her writing.

Let's see... what else. V. busy lately. Friday I was gone all day. Prayer and the gym. Home mid moring to shower and run out to a lunch meeting, (looong lunch meeting) then to visit a friend in the hospital. Home for another hour to take a quick nap, then out of FireDweller meeting. Home at 11:00.

David White came over for dinner last night. We had a good time. Sat around the table and talked until 11:00. It's so funny. We have a living room and a Florida room with nice, comfy furniture, but whenever someone comes over for dinner, we never leave the table. The chairs are very comfy, but still. When Julia, Larkin and Spring were here in October, we sat at the table eight hours a day. I guess the dinner table is really a good place to fellowship.

Dream - I think I had some more revelation on my dream. Bottom line? Keep walking toward Jesus. Don't look to the right or the left. Don't get distracted by the world. I have access to heaven. Why get lost in doing in the worlds way? Jesus is waiting.... He's waiting.

Well, I'm off to do something esle. Hi to my brother Joel. Silly man. I love you! ;)

2 comments:

writerlysoul said...

SO glad someone else reads in the tub!

Love ya!

Staci

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog aka diary. I'm so very proud of you, Love Mom :o)