Saturday, April 30, 2005

Gone to Tennessee

We drove to Clinton, Tennessee yesterday for our nephew Asa's dedication on Sunday. Plus, his Papa, my brother Pete's birthday is Monday. Lots of family coming in.... already pretty wild around here.

I'm so used to my quiet house. Tony and Pete had a great time laughing at video clips online last night. Guy thing. Everyone's off doing something at the moment and it's just Julie, Asa and me.

The drive up was nice, but my Check Engine light came on. Nice.

The Faith Chick chat was fun. Lots of authors talking more than anything, but wow, what a great list of authors. Be sure to visit the site when you can: www.faithchick.com

Writing wise, I'm have no deadlines, so I'm working on new ideas. I woke up this morning with a great idea, and now can't remember. LOL. I hate that. I have great opening lines, an instant picture of the Heroine, then bam! I lose it. Note to self: Write it down right away.

Oh, here's another Duh moment in the life of Rachel Hauck. SET A DAILY WORD COUNT. I've gotten away from doing that so I just try to write all day which is not really all the productive. And, if anything gets in the way, I get upset. But if I know it's the Thursday of Pastor's Prayer and Fire Dweller leadership meeting, plan my day accordingly. Get up and write my 3000 words before the meeting. Or half before and half after. So, I'm doing that next week.

Eph 1: 9-10 - He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him with a view to an administration suitable to the fullness of the times, that is, the summing up of all things in Christ, things in the heavens and things on the earth.

God has a plan. A plan full of kindess and love. We are not here by haphazard chance. Or even by some intelligent designer. No, by One who created us with kindess in mind. He also administrated His plan and design like any Administrator would. Ever worked with a true administrator? Everything is planned and outlined with a purpose.

God is kind. God is an administrator. In the same way He has a plan for the world. He has a plan for you and me. :)

1 comment:

Heather Diane Tipton said...

That chat was really cool! LOL It was a little odd being the only person there that doesn't have a book out or scheduled to come out. But I really enjoyed it.

Thank God, God has a plan for my life.