Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Peek into A Writer's Life, and an 80's flashback

New York Times Best Selling author Jodi Picoult talks about a writer's life in a recent issue of Writer's Digest.

Check it out.

I appreciate Ms. Picoult's candor.

***
While walking Pal tonight, we passed a house that sits among the trees and it reminds me of the home my parents built in Tallahassee. For a moment, it walked through the mid-80s.

Mom and Dad were home from work, mom starting dinner, dad watching news or going through mail. Danny, Joel, Peter-John and Rebekah were around - coming home from work or whatever

I was home from college for the summer, about to go to work at Publix. Home was always great place to be. Warm, cozy, welcoming. Safe.

It made me miss Dad a little.

2 comments:

Sharon Hayes said...

Thanks Rachel, I'm so glad home felt warm and safe for you. I miss him so much too.

Love Mom

Rebekah said...

I had a few "miss dad" days this month. Can't remember now what specifically sparked it. I really miss "home" on crisp fall days... which will soon be upon us