Saturday, July 29, 2006

Space Coast Prayer Gathering

Church on the Rock, my church, lead worship at the Vineyard last night for the Space Coast Prayer Gathering.

Tony administered the prayer portion, reminding people to pray not preach - no soap boxes please - and the allow the band to sing off the prayers.

It went well. Really did. Tony lined up some of the regular Friday night Fire Dwellers to lead off the prayer time so folks could see how it worked.

We had some good choruses, me, Dave and Kathleen. Tony Foix was supposed to help with choruses or one liners but he said he didn't feel inspired. Hum.

So, I quoted Nora Roberts to him. "Don't tell me you can't work today because the muse has left you. Go track down that fickle slut, drag her back, chain her to your keyboard and get to work."

Isn't that hilarious? Mild laugh from Tony Foix 'cause he doesn't understand the writer's life all that well, but hey! Sing, dude. I'm usually not overly inspired when we start a Harp & Bowl set, but once I start singing and listening to the prayers, hearing the Word read, I GET inspired.

In The Fire is coming up next weekend. Will be an awesome worship blow out. Tony, Don and I are speaking, and the wonderful and amazing Javier LaBoy will lead worship.

Lots of work to do between now and then. I'm so grateful the Lord showed me Song of Solomon 3 a few weeks ago. All of our teachings (surprise) fit perfectly together and we didn't even share before hand.

God is cool.

Pray for us. We are deciding if we should put our dog Jack down. He's not doing well. Runny nose, weird thing going on with his eyes, heavy gurglish breathing. He'll be 14 in a few months.

We don't want to be hasty, but I can tell he's having a hard time sleeping. He has to keep his head up. We're taking him to the vet on Monday. Maybe it's a doggy cold and another round of antibiotics will cure him.

Pray. We love this dog. Even Pal is behaving himself around Jack.

Peace out.

1 comment:

Heather Diane Tipton said...

Almost spewed my drink all over my laptop with the Nora quote. LOL

In The Fire sounds awesome!!

Praying for Jack!!