Saturday, July 15, 2006

Friday night at the Fire

We did an acoustic set at Fire Dweller last night since Tony's truck was in the shop and Don's was unavailable and we couldn't haul the sound equipment.

God graces us in a unique way when we don't have sound equipment. It's a little hard to hear the prayers, but the anointing is always sweet.

Javi lead on his latin guitar, amazing as always. We fell into some really good antiphonal choruses but without the sound equipment, they were only recorded in heaven. :) Very cool by me. I'm sure I have a catalog of songs in heaven I make up so many, but only God would think they were good. He's all that matters anyway.

Had to sleep in today since I got up at 4:00 a.m. two days in a row, after coming home from Denver with a cold, to work on Diva. I so love Aubrey James, but the story part has been hard to fine tune, but I'm getting there.

This may sound stupid and corny, but there's been a lot of warfare around this book. Unusual level of doubt and unrest. Tony came home late Thursday and just him being home helped the spiritual atmosphere, and yesterday afternoon, I felt a deep peace and knew it was going to be all right.

You know, we forget about our enemy. I think, why would he be bugging me about a Diva novel. I haven't even written the deep spiritual part yet, but he's been harrasing me. Or at least sent his weenie little hinchmen.

Paul reminds us our struggle is NOT against flesh and blood but against powers of darkness, world forces of wickeness in heavenly places.

When you wonder what's going on in the world, and all this crap with Israel and Lebanon and Iran, picture Daniel 9 and 10 where Gabriel and Micheal fought the prince of Persia (Iran). Or imagine the scenes in Peretti's This Present Darkness.

Prayer and fasting is always the key to our warfare. We must humble ourselves before God, crying out for His purposes, His Kingdom to be established on earth as it is in heaven. And it's not going to come without a fight.

But I've read the end of the book. Jesus wins. We win because He loves us.

Don't be afraid. He will never leave us nor forsake us. Never.

2 comments:

Heather Diane Tipton said...

aw man, I wish I could have been there to hear that! Sure you don't need a house guest for about a week? LOL! :-p

Doesn't sound goofy or corny. I SO get that, all thugh when I say stuff like that I feel that way. Most christians don't get that. I've been under a lot of warfare lately as well. I even quit writing for two days this week... and when I say quit I do mean quit. I was done with everything in the writing business...

Praying for you... Diva is going to be awesome!

Kristy Dykes said...

I enjoy your blog, Rachel.