Sunday, March 20, 2005

Please don't empale me

I was almost empaled. Not by a torturer, for pain, or death, but by a love sick, radical bass playing worshipper. (Love the way you worship, dude.) At Fire Dwellers Friday night, Jake and I did a warm up song for a sound check, next thing we know, we're in the zone. It was awesome.

Saturday I went to Ezra's one year old birthday party. He celebrated with his friend, 10 hours older, Samuel. They each had their little patty cakes to dig into, but they didn't do a whole lot of damage. I remember when Kendall turned one, she was covered in head to toe with chocolate.

Watched "The Incredibles" with the Olinski's last night. Cute, but I was expecting more. The funniest scene in the movie wasn't IN the moive - it was the trailer. But go Jeremy Vickory. He worked on the lighting for the movie. He's one of our old kiddos.

Reading Acts 2, the Day of Pentecost. The author writes, "Now there were Jews living in Jerusalem, devout men from every nation under heaven."

Every nation under heaven? Now that's incredible. Every nation under heaven. I suppose it could be debated that is was every KNOWN nation, but if I believe the scriptures are the inspired Word of God, then let's go with every nation under heaven - known or not.

Do you know what this means? It means that a representative from every nation heard Peter preach the gospel of Jesus Christ that day. Some marveled. Some mocked. But from that moment in time, the gospel was woven into the fabric of every nation. The gospel had been preached to at least one - in every nation. That's amazing. God has sewn Himself into the fiber of our nations. And when He's ready, He'll pull on that thread and unravel the world revealing His Son and His Bride.

Matt 24 says that the gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached to the whole world as a testimony, and then the end will come. Jesus preached the gospel of the Kingdom and went about healing and setting free. Maybe we should be like Jesus and preach the Kingdom which is rigteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. And go about healing people and setting them free - in His name.

I had a dream once where Jesus said to me, "I'll pour out my glory, then I'll come." Then end is going to hard and terrifying, but absolutely amazing and glorious.

Every nation under heaven.

Finished Lambert's Peace. Love the ending. Taylor finally accepts Will's marriage proposal, but it's in a crowded dinner after she had driven half way across the country and back. He looks up just as she walks in, her hair all over the place, coat half on, half off and.... wait! Read the book. :)

I think I'll go for a walk outside now, the spring sun is calling my name, can you hear me now. I gotta get out, gotta get awayayay... Sunshine Day. Everybody's smiling. Sunshine Day. (oops, sorry, Brady moment.)

No comments: