Monday, March 21, 2005

Faith Chick Dot Com & me at the gym

Here's me at the gym: on the curl machine, third set of reps. 1....2.....3...4....5...6... Eyeing the leg press machine I'm supposed to work next. Ooooh, that old guy is getting on the leg press. Shoot. Takes him 15 minutes to work on machine... 7,8,9,10. Hop up, run over to the other leg press machine so I can work my legs and give my arms a break.

1....2....3...4....5....6..... Ooooh, the arm press machine I missed is available. 7,8,9,10. Jump up, run over to the machine before someone gets on and takes 15 minutes to do 3 sets of 10.

Midway through working out on that machine, the first leg press mahcine is becomes available. But I'm in the middle of a second set of reps... Wham! Clank! I drop the weights, hop up, flick my towel over the hand grips to dry them and run to the leg machine. It's rediculous, I tell you. I can't live like this. I don't work out, I calculate moves so I can get on the machines before one of my senior friends sits down for a leisurely work out. Going to the gym is a whole new experience. It's not pumping iron, it's racing to the machines.

Here's me at the gym: Getting a new attitude. ;)

Faith Chick: You gotta check it out! Steeple Hill authors have been gathered by our own Mary Griffith and we have a web site now: www.faithchick.com. It's a blogging site as well as announcing our releases! How cool! Check it out. The first blog is written by yours truly, so read, and comment!

Today is our anniversary, but I have editing and writing to do and shew weee, the house needs to be vacuumed. Which I'm going to do right now.

Love to all. Big HELLO to my cousin, Sandy!

3 comments:

Heather Diane Tipton said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love reading what you write!I checked out faithchick and I love the picture of you! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love reading what you write!I checked out faithchick and I love the picture of you! :)