Sunday, January 14, 2007

Easy like Sunday morning

Great words from a great tune by the Commodors.

Cause I'm easy/easy like Sunday morning

I don't know about you guys, but Sunday mornings are anything but easy for me. Up at 7:00, off to church by 7:40, prep for worship, pray, practice worship, lead worship, listen to sermon, get back up for closing song, wait for Tony to do finances, go to lunch.

2:30, home.

Long day.

I try to take the afternoon/evening off and get rested for the rest of the week. I got a lot of writing done yesterday, but have a ways to go.

Tony and I had fun at lunch brainstorming the next book. Yeah, I know, I'm far from done with this one, but I wanted to toss out ideas so I could leave this book open for a sequel if I we want.

Caroline Sweeney is my new character and she's pretty cool. A mixture of Lost In NashVegas' Robin McAfee and Diva NashVegas' Aubrey James.

It takes me a long time to like my characters no matter how many times I "talk" to them or write bios and scenes with them. She's finally clicking with me.

I also was having a hard time bringing in the hero, but I managed to do that last week in a manner I like and feels smooth to the flow of the story.

Diva NashVegas has two points of view. Aubrey and the hero's, Scott's. I thought I'd include the hero's point of view in Sweet Caroline, but as I work through the story, it's not necessary.

In Diva, Scott is the interviewer and his POV adds a lot.

Writing is an awesome career and at times, I can't believe God has so blessed me. I love my job, my publisher and editor, and ultimately, I love my stories. There's something deeply satisfying to writing. It touches a part of me nothing else in this life touches.

Hope you all are having a wonderful Sunday.

(pic of one of my "sons" Eric Exley, 3, many years ago.)

1 comment:

Kristy Dykes said...

"Writing is an awesome career and at times, I can't believe God has so blessed me...ultimately, I love my stories. There's something deeply satisfying to writing. It touches a part of me nothing else in this life touches."

K: Know what you mean, R. Oh, man, what a satisfying feeling it is when you're writing, and writing something that's gonna' count. Someone said, "There's nothing better than loving what you do and knowing that it matters." My sentiments exactly.

I'm also creating a story right now, and Milton is brainstorming with me on certain points. I also worked all afternoon on it, like you did. But I didn't quit soon enough, and my story wouldn't let me go to sleep. It was 2:30 a.m. Ah, I love writing, no matter how tired it makes me.

Thanks for an interesting, inspiring post.