Saturday, August 27, 2005

Lunch with a writer friend, and Jeremy

A fellow Florida writer, Kristy Dykes, and her husband graciously treated me to lunch this afternoon. They were in town to attend a funeral. It was good to catch up with her and talk "shop."

While we are eating and talking, I look up and there's this really hansome, familiar face coming my way. It was Jeremy Emerson! I couldn't believe it. My jaw dropped and I gave him the biggest hug. My kid! At home!

I met Jeremy when he was fifteen, moving dirt, laying the foundation for a school in Guatemala. He's all grown up now, in the military and about to get married.

While we are talking, he looks at me and in complete Jeremy fashion says, "You're as hot as ever."

Now I have to write this because he completely made my day! A man half my age thinks I look "hot." Thanks, Jer. Forty-four year old women start to wonder after awhile.

Anyway, the Exley's are hosting a party for Jer and his bride sometime in September so I'll get to see him again, and meet his wife. It's always so good when the "kids" come home.

Chris, Tony and I watched "Pillow Talk" tonight. Can you believe that? What a funny movie. We laughed out loud.

The new Wal-Mart opened - three miles from my house. Ahh, life is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a party worth crashing!