Sunday, October 31, 2004

This Weekend All Hallow's Eve

October 31 - Martin Luther posted his 95 Thesis on the Wittenberg door 487 years ago today, October 31. He preached salvation by grace and the error of the tradition of indulgences. I wonder where are the Martin Luthers of our day? The men and women with a zeal for the truth of the Word, fearless of tradition, yet honoring of authority. Luther's letter to the Pope asking him to do away with indulgences was humble, and full of honoring words to his spiritual authority.

Look at how one man's spiritual appetite changed the "modern day" church. He not only bucked church tradition, but social norms.

This Past Week - I have no big news. It was a good week. I finished Lambert's Code edits and have emailed it in. The hero and heroine are married and that was a tougher situation than I would have imagined to write. I want the reader to like both of them, but yet they are the ones in conflict.

I started edits on my chic lit and have a good idea of what I need to do. Just want to do it well. The writer's life is an interesting life. Elation mingled with insecurity. But, I'm determined to find my hope and inspiration in Jesus.

Our Country - That condition of our country burdens my heart. There is no integrity, not sense of right or wrong. Cheaters trying to win at all costs. Losers claiming they are winners even when the are not. It's like the King has no clothes. No one will speak up or conceed! Winners apologizing to liers, and excusing away their beliefs. We live by our appetites and decide with emotion. It will bring us down. I said to Tony, "I feel helpless to do anything."

But I have prayer. I have the ear and the attention of the Father. I can shake the earth by bending my knees and crying out, "Mercy! Truth! Oh, Father, give our wise men wisdom!"

In my dream - I had a dream the other night. Actually, I was in a half awake, half asleep state. I saw a black and white progress bar and the Lord spoke to me in the dream and said, "I will pour out my glory, then I will come." The black and white bar represents the assuredness of His word. He will do it. There are no gray areas. He will pour out His glory. Then He will come.

We have been praying for His Glory for many years. Isaiah tells us that darkness will cover the earth, but the glory of the Lord will arise! What a great day - to see the dead raised, the lost saved, the blind see, the hungry fed. We may go to bed with our cupboards bare, and wake up with food in them. Miracles upon miracles. Salvations by the thousands. God's glory! Then our Beloved will come. And we will reign with Him.

When will this happen? I have no idea. But God is true. He will do what He says He will do. If you don't believe me, read Joel 2, Isaiah 40:5, and 60:1, 2.

No comments: