Saturday, October 23, 2004

Seeing with the eyes of my heart

I've probably sung "Open The Eyes of My Heart Lord" a hundred times. Friday night during worship at Freedom Christian Center, I saw the Lord with my heart's eyes.

Worshipping on the front row next to Tony and Ted, all of a sudden the Lord "appeared" and He walked right up to me. I started to weep. He stood in front of me for several minutes. It was so real. Though, in the natural I couldn't see Him or touch Him, my heart did. He wore what I would call robes, and had long dark hair, and a beard. I could not make out the features of his face, but His eyes were bright and intense. He spoke to my heart, and I know that He loves me.

Paul Keith Davis (www.whitedoveministries.org) was the speaker Friday and Saturday night. He's so down to earth, but alive with the realities of heaven. Not for the sake of men, but for the sake of Jesus. He inspired us to believe for God encounters.

Tony and I prayed for people last night during ministry time. Tony told this one young woman last night that she was called to sit at Jesus' feet. Tonight (Saturday) she told us that those were the exact words given to her three years ago. How awesome is God?

I went to tonight's meeting in a "sour" mood. Not sure why, but I pushed through. One of the things I got out of Paul Keith's message was we have a Destiny in the Lord. We can ask for revelation and wisdom from heaven for life issues. He met two men who were caught up in heaven and given new architectural knowledge. How real is what they learned? They are both applying for patents.

I've been asking for wisdom from heaven on how to write. I know I have to study, pray, write and work hard, but I know there is some facet of writing that is hidden in heaven and God wants to release it to the earth.

In Daniel 1:17 it says, "As for these four youths, God gave them knowledge and intelligence in every branch of literature and wisdom; Daniel even understood all kinds of visions and dreams."

In the midst of life in Babylon, Daniel and his friends were excellent in literature and wisdom! We live in an age when God is doing what He did in the days of Daniel, and more! That's my prayer; to have knowledge and intelligence in every branch of literature and wisdom. Able to understand visions and dreams.

I don't always ask God for things from the revelatory or heavenly realm because I want to have a pure heart in asking. But, we have not because we ask not. He is able to guard my heart from greed and pride as long as I stay in the place of intimacy - sitting at His feet. Knowing me, I can't go long without sitting at His feet. I love Him and have to experience His love for me! Being devoted to the Lord is also an attribute of Daniel and his friends.

It's late. Time to sleep. I lead worship in the morning.

Sunday afternoon - We did pizza and games with the kids this afternoon after church. It's a beautiful, cool day so we played outside for awhile, then came in and "hung out."

One girl went around anointing people with chocolate whipped cream. Yes, yuck! One of the guys she creamed came into the kitchen after washing his hair out. There were about 4 or 5 of us in there, yakking. Robert looked at us and said, "Smell my hair. Does it smell like chocolate."

Ok, who wants to smell his hair? No one. Since we didn't jump at the chance, his sister shrugged, leaned over and breathed deep. Immediately, she jerked back, "Ooooh, oooo, gross!" She gagged and declared she might puke.

Her face was so incredibly funny, I'm laughing as I write. But the funniest part was when Robert rubbed his fingers through his hair and sniffed. He wrinkled his nose. "Ooo, bad guy smell mixed with chocolate."

I fell off the counter laughing. Stinky guy with chocolate hair smell. That's what Holly inhaled. Too, too funny. But never fear James Exley, it does not compare to you.

It was a beautiful day. Came home and collapsed. Tomorrow we have errands in the morning, and I have an online gathering, but will start my chic lit revisions in the afternoon. I'm very excited about it. I hope and pray to do a really good job. I'm asking the Lord for knowledge and wisdom. Tony will start reading Lambert's Code. It's due a week from tomorrow! Wow!

No comments: