Friday, May 04, 2012

Beautiful Brides: Susan Meissner

Susan Meissner is a talented, award winning author and a good friend. Love hanging with Sooz whenever I can.


She writes:


I married my best friend one month shy of my twentieth birthday, which seems incredibly young to me now, but the thing is, Bob’s still the guy I would chose to spend my life with.


My dress was frothing with Chantilly lace and a sizeable train and hefty bow at the back.


The long sleeves were studded with pearls at the cuffs and the skirt swished like waves on the ocean when I walked.


It was a lot of dress, even for a December wedding. But I loved that dress and I loved my simple mantilla veil.


My mom shopped with me the day we found it and it was one of those times when the dress seemed like it could belong to anyone on the hanger, but only me when I put it on. (RH: I love that!)


Bob and I have been married going on 32 years and couldn’t be happier . . .

4 comments:

Casey said...

I loved what you said about marrying young...and yet your husband is still the man you would want to spend the rest of your life with. Love that!

Rachel Hauck said...

Thanks for being a bride on the blog, Susan! Love the Christmas theme!

Rachel

Sybil Bates McCormack said...

What a lovely idea for a blog series. And, Susan, you were stunning!

Susan Meissner said...

You galz are sweet!