Friday, February 06, 2009

God is kind

Recently, I recalled my commitment to not grumble or complain this year. I'm doing so-so, but I'm glad the resolution popped into my head.

Think it might have had some help? (wink)

Anyway, I'm not happy with our new government. Our new president has said some things the press would've skewered our former president for saying or doing but have said nothing about the new president.

I was reading in Luke 6 and Jesus says this, "Love your enemies. Lend and do good, expecting nothing in return and your reward will be great. You'll be the sons of the Most High. For He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men."

Let's stew on that a moment. God is kind to ungrateful and evil men? Like who? Stalin? Hitler? Obama? Is he even evil? Bush? Some considered him evil?

What about that Jones guy who made his followers drink the Kool Aid?

Pharaoh? Saddam Hussein? Osama Bin Laden?

Me?

I qualify and quantify gratefulness and evil to fit my values and standards. But it's God's standards that matter. Not mine. Not yours. His.

We are to be conformed to His image, His ways, His thoughts.

The truth is, despite our personal experience with church, Christians, or whatever, God is kind. He is love. He is good.

Eph 1
1 John 4

1 comment:

Sharon Hayes said...

Good Rachel, We Christians are going to be sorely tested in our character, how close will we be able to walk as Jesus would walk, during the next 4 years. How much will I be able to walk as the Bride and not the widow? (Bridal Intercession) I believe this will be a time when we as Christians will either become stronger or fall away in compromise.