Monday, August 20, 2007

Update on Me Life

Okay, boring, but here's an update on my life since the last time I posted. Riveting reading, trust me.

Friday after Fire Dweller, we met a few people at Friday's for David White (my gee-tar player, worship leader in his own right) birthday. It was late. People we're well into their drinking at the bar. Around 11:30, some dude thought "his purse" (girlfriend's purse actually) was stolen.

He went ballistic! We left but stood out front to watch six of Melbourne's finest coming speeding up, emerging from their cars with flashlights that double as weapons.

After that excitement, we went home. Saturday I got up and went to the gym. Thirty minutes on the treadmill, thirty with weights.

Stopped by the library for a couple of books, came home and finished Tracey Bateman's "You Had Me At Goodbye" ARC. Very fun read. Another winner!

Then, I started "Year of the Dog" by Shelby Hearon. A wonderful dog story that made me tear up at the end.

Now, I'm more than half way through Elizabeth Berg's "Dream When You're Feeling Blue." A fabulous WW2 read. I am captivated by the voice of heroine Kitty, the era, the history tidbits, the wonderful supporting cast in Kitty's family.

This is my first Berg read. And I love it. Between my recent reads and the ones from this weekend, I'm learning so much. I hope I can translate it to my story!

I still have books to read I listed before, but I'm going to buy them at the ACFW conference and get them signed!

Hey, I'm not taking any of my books to the conference. If any of y'all were counting on getting some there, please let me know.

Sunday I lead worship, came home to watch "Barefoot In The Park" with Tony, baked cookies and read most of the afternoon/evening.

Now, I'm about getting to my own WIP.

Grace, grace!

2 comments:

Will H. Donaldson Family said...

After your list of readings,I have a question for "Rachel the Author": How do you prevent what you read from influencing what you write "too much"? Seriously, when I write a Paper or a sermon I know I borrow heavily from those teachers and writers I have known and read. For what I do that is expected so I don't think about it. Is that ever a concern in regards to your work?

Megan DiMaria said...

Hmm. I was planning on buying one of your books at the conference. Maybe I'll buy it in Colorado and bring it for an autograph. Okay?