Saturday, March 11, 2006

Writer's Retreat

I left Thursday afternoon for a writer's retreat at beautiful Lake Swan in north central Florida, about a half hour from Gainsville. Several Florida writers gathered for fellowship and prayer: Kristy Dykes, Merrillee Wren, Nancy Toback, Lynn Coleman and I.

We had a nice time and the grounds of the camp are so peaceful. I got some brainstorming done and a little bit of editing, but mostly fellowship. It's good to be with other writers who have such a heart for the Lord.

Now I'm home and back to the grind, which I love. Tony missed me, so he says, and of course, the dogs missed me. And the cat. Surely the cat missed me.

Davis Bunn read the unrevised version of Lost In Nashvegas and loved it. See his endorsement on the Books link. I called him on Wednesday and talked for a few minutes. What a kind, gracious man.

I would say more, but I'm all talked out.

Grace.

4 comments:

Rhonda Gibson said...

Sounds fun and relaxing Rachel.

Heather Diane Tipton said...

Gotta love those writer's retreats!

Cool on Davis Bunn!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! :)

Ame said...

Ahhhh, what was the retreat/camp center like? I'll enjoy it through you :)