Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A Door to Heaven

After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven, and the first voice which I had heard, like the sound of a trumpet speaking with me, said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after these things."
Revelation 4:1
The image of the door is impacting. An entrance, a way in, or a way through. Doors open to intimate places, or quiet gardens, or grand halls. Perhaps to new opportunities. Closed behind us, doors keep us from the dangers of outside, or the haunts of our past.
Jesus is challenging John in this vision to come up higher. Enter into a new place. For John, it was a place of revelation. He saw the One who appeared like jasper and sardius seated on an emerald throne.
The revelation of Jesus in His Glory.
What doors is God knocking on in our lives? In my life, I think it's the door to the secret place. Intimacy. Face to face communion.
Maybe for some, it's closing a door to the past and looking forward to the future.
Nevertheless, pondering doors these days.
Peace

2 comments:

Ame said...

I like this . . . :)

Heather Diane Tipton said...

Nice, very nice. Doors are an interesting thing... been pondering them lately myself