Thursday, January 19, 2006

End and Change

Coming home from youth church last night, I turned on the radio and it was tuned to an oldies station.

Isn't it amazing the power of music to transport our emotions to a different time, a different place?

The song, which I can't remember now, stirred my heart to remember my teenage years in Tallahassee. We had a lot of fun, working, going to school, rollerskating.

I think, "Dad was alive then." All my memories are sorta tainted now with his death. Mom is planning to sell the house this year and move to Versailles, Indiana with Grandma.

When she does, life in Tallahassee will end forever. There will be little reason to go there. Unfortunately, I've lost touch with many of my friends. It is the way of life, I suppose.

But, I'm excited for the future. I don't know if you all can feel it, but God is up to something huge.

A friend of mine had a dream about God opening up doors of evanglism (it was an incredible dream) but I don't have permission to share it here. But, I'll tell you, the dream indicates change in the earth of Biblical proportions. His wife was telling me the dream and though the details seemed simple, I said, "Oh wow, this is what we've been reading about in scripture for 2000 years." We both got chills.

Anyway, after that I cried and cried cause my friends will also be moving as part of what God is doing in their lives. She was my first "daughter" and I'll miss her.

But people, get ready, Jesus is coming. Forget what lies behind, press forward to what lies ahead. It's the upward call of God in Christ.

4 comments:

Ame said...

That is so cool, Rachel! Yes! I can feel it, too :) God is SO alive and incredibly active. And I can only see a little part of the whole of what He's doing!!!

Pammer said...

Letting go of the past, especially fond memories, it's a hard thing to do. I was remembering the other day when my kids asked me questions.

But often to do God's will and see the wonders He works....it is all worth it. You will see your friends again.

It does feel like God is winding down His tale, doesn't it? Tying up the loose ends? Gives me goosebumps thinking about it.

Hugs!

Unknown said...

God IS moving! I can feel it! Don't know what He's planning, but I'm so thrilled I'm along for the ride on His coat tails! :)

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about Tallahassee. After mom, grandma, and Danny are gone I wonder if I will ever return. I think though that as time goes on though those songs that remind us of dad will get better. Think about Glenn Cambell and grandma Hayes. I just can't wait to see him again. What actually makes me think of dad more than anything is when I am studying the Scriptures. The more I study the more I think of him. I always have so many questions to ask him and to get his opinion. I can only hope and put forth the effort so that Asa will be able to do that with me.