Thursday, June 23, 2005

I've moved to Seattle

Toto! We're not in Palm Bay any more. We're over the rainbow in Seattle!

It's been raining here all week. I thought, "Did I fall asleep in Palm Bay and wake up in Seattle?" Gray days with heavy clouds , only a few glimpses of the Florida sun.

I want my sunshine!

Gymed myself today even though I have a cold. I went to kick boxing aerobics, then sat in the sauna trying to sweat this thing out of me - stuffed nose and soar throat. I have a funny story from the class, but I can't tell it because it wouldn't be nice.

Tony and team are doing well in Guatemala. He comes home Saturday and we'll have a Guatemalan guests at our house until Tuesday - Anibal and his wife and children. They are really nice family and speak English. My Spanish is rusty.

I've been meditating on John 7:37 lately. Get this, Jesus stoods up on the last day of the Feast of Tabernacles (Booths) and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

Ok, several beeeeauuutiful points here. One, Jesus said if ANYONE wants to come to Him, the can. No one is disqualified. It doesn't matter about our backgrounds, our family history, our strengths, weaknesses, who wounded us, who we wounded, Jesus is available to everyone. I mean He stood up in front of the leaders of Israel and yelled, "If you want, come to Me! I'm available!" Isn't that awesome?

But wait, it gets better! Then He promised if we merely believe in Him as the scripture says(hint: read your Bible, then talk to Him about it,) we'll be like riverS (plural) of living water. Think about it. Rivers of living water are rivers that flow, have life, are fresh and clean. They refresh others, they give lift to everything around them. Fish and animals can drink from living rivers.

We can be like that with the true word of Jesus living in us. We can be life to those around us. We can be alive inside, rooted and grounded in love, fresh and renewed. We can forget about our pasts and flow toward the future, toward the good things God has for us.

Isn't that awesome? Man, how does any one not want to know a man like Jesus. Wholly God and wholly man. Wow!

Writing - I'm writing on my novella. Still on chapter one. It was too serious, so I'm trying to lighten it up. I'm going to try to get the cover on my books link in the next few days.

Peace out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful, Rachel, I love that. Again, God has used you to speak to me. Thank you.

Joel Hayes said...

Hi Rachel, I just read your blog and it's very similar to what I wrote in todays entry in my website. an affirmation of what God does to our hearts when we realize the gift of His love. Ya want others to know about it.

Lynette Sowell said...

Today in worship we sang, "Let the River Flow." Great song. Echoes your post.

I'm trying to lighten my novella up too. While it's not a rom-com, I'm trying to at least have some verbal levity at times. Have fun putting yours together. :)

Lynette Sowell said...

P.S. We sure could use some rain here! Can you say drought?? :)