Thursday, February 16, 2006

Keeping up the schedule

You'll be happy to know (thrilled, right?) I'm keeping to my morning schedule. Up at 5:15 a.m. today for Spinning, then prayer, then my Spa morning.

I want to keep the morning work-out prayer routine. I like it and it gets essentials at the top of the day.

Downside. Fasting and exercise just do not go together. So, I'm going to have to pick another day to fast. Wednesday's, I think. And if we do a week, no exercise. I'm not talking about walking a couple of miles.

I'm talking intense cycling or aerobics. I come home, eat and don't fill full until afternoon.

So, God is way ahead of me on this one. I'm not worried.

Brainstormed my next chicklit for WestBow with a fellow author. She's a good brainstormer. The Lord has given me such good writing buddies. Love you all.

I'm off to spend some quiet time reading. I'm reading The Last Convertible by Alton Myrer. It's good - a coming of age story for Harvard grads at the beginning of WW2.

Grace and Peace to you all from God our Father through the Lord Jesus.

2 comments:

Ame said...

I'm so impressed with your morning routine! I am so not a morning person but absolutely love to work out at night and to save my time alone with God for the last thing - then everything's off my mind for the day and I can give Him all of me; and I find I sleep so peacefully after spending such intimate time with my Lord. That morning/night quiet time seems to be controversial in some Christian circles, but I've just focused on God and me and stayed far away from that mess! The work out routine has faded with nursing sick children for so long :( Hope to get back to it soon - gosh, do I really need it!!!

Heather Diane Tipton said...

okay... 5am? that's just sick. That's actually usually when I'm going to bed. 4ish to 5ish. LOL

And wait... working out...are we supposed to do that??? ruh ro