Saturday, May 14, 2005

Saturday - Favorite Day

I love Saturdays. I just do. This morning I ate two heels for breakfast - yum. Then went to the gym, followed by the grocery store Publix.

I love Publix. Tony wasn't with me today, normally he is, so I hung around the books for awhile. I bought Dorthea Benton Frank's book, Shem Creek. She's going to be in Vero Beach for a signing on Wednesday. But I have youth church. I have about 3 books started... but I'll finish them all. I find I'm reading more and more "southern" authors.

OH, Wednesday night after youth we are trekking over to Cinama World to see the midnight showing of Star Wars. Don, the youth pastor at Zion, bought 75 tickets. So, a bunch of us will be there. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but any event at midnight with 75 of my closest friends (ha!) is exciting.

I woke up really committed to losing 20 lbs. How is it that at 10:00 a.m., I'm determined and strong, but by 10:30, the first rumbles from my midsection, I'm thinking hot cakes and bacon. Grr. I did so-so today. Small slice of coconut cream pie, and I HATE coconut! Small, very small bit of ice cream and a few peanut M&Ms. A turkey sandwich and fat free chip. One orange, cup of grapes. Other than the junk, I did OK. LOL. Tomorrow is another day, right?

I've made a goal for myself - New York Times Best Seller. Ok, ok, so I'm not that good yet. But, a girl can dream.

Last night we had a joint prayer meeting at Freedom Christian Center. A lot of places around the state were praying for a release of life since we feel the Terri Schivo thing released death to the nation. The prayer meeting was the Worship and the Word format (my favorite.) Worship mixed with praying from the scriptures. It went really well. One of the pastors prayed, "As Florida goes, so goes the nation." The place erupted. Ever since 2000 elections, the eye of the nation seems to be on Florida.

Then someone read and prayed about Eziekel and the dry bones. I started singing, "they see dry bones, we see an army" and man, I literally felt the anointing being poured out. Something about declaring to the world, we are an army. The whole congregation was singing it. Then, later we sang about the Father being the father to the fatherless - the defenseless and poor - and there was a heave anointing on that.

Prayer does change things. We have to remember that. It feels so fruitless at times, but it's the unseen force that changes nations. Psalm 2:1 - "Why are the nations in an uproar (why do they rage) And the peoples devising a vain thing?" They rage against Jesus, but prayer stirs the atmosphere, stirs the heart of God so that He moves on behalf of His people. People will rage.

But I love Revelation 8 - "Then another angel, having a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. And the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, ascended before God from the angel's hand. Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and threw it to the earth. And there were noises, thunderings, lightnings, and an earthquake."

Is it possible our weak feeble prayers cause thunderings, lightnings and eathquakes? Yes! God add His own fire, His own incense.

Well, speaking of. I think I'll go worship and pray for awhile. Peace out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's right you can dream. If you're going to dream, I say dream big! But I don't think that New York Times Best Seller is out of your capabilities. I can totally see you doing that.

Prayer does change things. I went through a spell of thinking it wasn't doing anything, but I'm back in it all the way.