Monday, May 16, 2005

Here's where Tony and I differ

Waking up this morning, I asked Tony, "Don't you think about the future?"

"Like how?" he asked.

"Well, we don't have kids, so we don't have that to look forward to - graduations, marriages, grandkids, Christmas with little ones. I mean, it's just you and me."

"Nope, I don't think about it." LOL. Guess I'm alone on this one.

I think about the future. Mostly, what do we have to look forward to, and maybe that's wrong, but I do. I can't help it. Like, what are out tomorrows going to be like? We have a wonderful life, I'm not complaining, but I just wonder what 50 will be like, and 60. I have a stirring in my soul and I want to answer it.

Mostly, I want more of God. I want to see the Divine interact with my day-to-day life. I want to see love exhibited in and among His people - like Acts 2, 3 and 4. I want to see the dead raised and blind eyes opened. I'm tired of mediocre Christianity. I mean, THE SAME SPIRIT THAT RAISED CHRIST FROM THE DEAD LIVES IN US!

Shoot, fire, ya'll. We got what the world is looking for - peace, hope, purpose. Let's do it!

4 comments:

Robin Bayne said...

Know exactly what you are feeling in this post, Rachel! Let's keep in touch when we're in our 90's!!

Anonymous said...

Amen Rachel!! Love that!

Christine Lynxwiler said...

Beautiful thoughts, Rachel. Thank you for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Rachel, Jenny (@work)asked me just today how you felt about not having children? I'm going to print this out and give it to her. We all have something in our life tht we "wonder" about and we always have to turn to the Lord as you have - Hecan fill any an dall voids we may feel and I know one day I may have to turn to him to fill an empty place. Your life w/the Lord is a wonderful example for all of us. ALSO, remember you have nieces and nephews. ha ha
Love Mom