Thursday, December 16, 2004

Low rise jeans

I bought a pair of jeans for my birthday. Well, Tony bought them for me but I picked them out. I didn't see any markings on the tag that indicated "low rise." But sure enough, I got home, tried them on, they were. Yeah, no I don't want to hear about how I didn't try them on at the store. I have a method to tell if they'll fit without trying them on, and it works, so leave me alone.

Anyway, back to the low riders. I came out to model for Tony and Cassie. "Very cute," said Cassie. I'm hitching and pulling. "They're so low."

Now, if I had a flat, flat tummy I might consider them wearable, but sitting down reveals a whole new cleavage and that I can't abide. Besides, my underwear sticks out.

So, I took them back and bought "sits low on waist." They are comfortable, but not really much better. I can sit comfortably, but must wear long shirts. Underwear still sticks out.

It's hard to be hip.

I finished my chic lit edits. Chris Lynxwiler (www.christinelynxwiler.com) is critiquing. She'll get as much done as possible before I have to mail the manuscript tomorrow. I'm happy with the story.

Tony and I chatted about Christmas gifts. We haven't had time to do much shopping yet. Normally, we shop a lot on line, but we are coming down to the wire and running out of time. We don't have as much to buy this year, but still want to get nice presents. I'm really excited to spend Christmas in Tallahassee with the family. Everyone will be there but Joel and Kim, Kyler and Kendall. (We'll miss you guys!)

That's all for now.

Quote from my diary when I was fifteen:

September 29 '76
Only thing is, he's all Joy ever talks about. Call her up, talk twenty minutes. Nineteen of it is about Mike and no commercials. Oh well, guess I can't blame her. I feel the same way about Pete."


No comments: