Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back from Oregon Christian Writers Conference

Mt. Hood
I was honored and thrilled to be invited to the Oregon Christian Writers Conference this year.

What a great conference. Going on 50 years of encouraging writers to share the good news of Jesus Christ to readers.

The staff and attendees were fabulous. Kind. Helpful. Eager to learn. Joy abounded at every meal. There was such a spirit of worship and prayer.

It was a complete and utter joy to be there. I taught two classes and hosted two Nite Owl sessions with a My Book Therapy Live. Susie joined me and we did what we love to do -- comb through a manuscript.

Aldersgate
I learn so much at each live book therapy. We had an enthusiastic attendee Bob who said live therapy was the best thing he'd ever heard. The next night he applied what we demonstrated and taught to his first chapter. At breakfast he said, "It worked!"

Now, if only Bob could come and write my story for me... LOL.

On the last morning, the fabulous Jim Rubart invited me to sit in his class with him and take questions from his class. Awesome time.

If you can't tell by now, I'm going to say "awesome" about everything I did at OCW last week.

Susie and me on the last day.
There was one other time in my life where "awesome" was the only appropriate word to use for what we'd experienced. It was the first summer we took the youth band "on the road" and did a youth rally in Poughkeepsie, NY.

God just breathed on our weak effort and each night the attendance grew. When we left, the host church had grown over 150 members.

Awesome! Truly awesome.

So, instead of going on and on, I'll just add the pictures. I'm excited to be returning to OCW in October 2014 to keynote their fall retreat. Woot!

Trees.
Randy Ingermanson and Jim Rubart

Oregon sunset

With Harvest House editor, Kim Moore

With Sandra Bishops lovely puppy! And photo montage







No comments: