Thursday, July 02, 2009

I admit it, I succombed . . .

. . . to worry.

As I was driving home from prayer and running a few errands this morning, I surfed radio stations. I came across a couple of Gospel sistahs preaching-speaking about worry!

I knew! That was me. Worried.

The more I listened, the more I started praying and repenting. Why am I worried? God is my God, He's in control, He's Good, He's love, He's holy!

But I'd let my heart and mind get caught up in the world around me. Not my family, or my work, but politics and all the craziness going on.

Do you know our congress just passed a tax on AIR!? It's cleverly called Cap and Trade, but it's an air tax. It's a hoax, and based on the most controversial science since blood letting.

But, I've written my letters to my representatives, and I've addressed my concerns to the Lord. Now I have to let go.

It's hard, I admit, to watch my country go down the tubes, but all the more reason to press my cheek over Jesus heart and hear what He's thinking and feeling.

Tears streaming down my cheeks, I gave up my worry to Jesus. I so appreciate those women who spoke the truth of the Word over the radio. So glad I channel surfed. It was the perfect kiss of God on my heart.

No comments: