Monday, July 06, 2009

God's perfecting good work

I've found comfort and truth in the Word lately. Reading in Philippians this morning, Paul admonishes us, "and He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus."

I read the verse a second and third time, then I wrote it down in my journal, and prayed over it, making it personal and about me, and my family.

God is doing a good work in me. Yay, I need it.

God will perfect His own work. Sigh of relief because I'm pretty sure I'm incapable of perfecting anything, let alone myself.

God will be with me, working in and through me until the day of Jesus. This means I'm never abandoned no matter what my circumstances look like. No matter how I feel.

This is Good News!

I've observed over the past decade that many make rules, laws, exceptions to life, to the Gospel based on their experiences and feelings rather than truth.

We embrace sin because of something we did in the past. Or because of someone we love. Beloved, this cannot be.

Our President wants to take over heath care because of what his mother went through. While I'm sympathetic to suffering, there are so many extenuating circumstances to health care, why people do or do not have provision. We must ask all the questions. Consider all circumstances.

We can't run this country based on emotion and I fear we are. That, and a thirst for power.

But God who began a good work in me, also began one in my country. He will perfect it until the day of Christ!

I am comforted by the enormous perfect of His heart and love.

No comments: