Sunday, March 01, 2009

Blogging

I'm not sure what's happened to me. I've fallen off the blogging band wagon. I'll be in the shower or driving down the road and have a thousand thoughts on blog-worthy topics. But I never have them when I sit down to compute.

Facebook has been a blessing these days. Not only have I connected with fabulous readers and made new friends, but I've "found" family - cousins - and church family from 20 - 30 years ago. It's been amazing, bring blurry images of my past into view. Distant view, but a view nonetheless.

Friday I drove up to Lake Yale, about 2 hours from me, to hang with my agent while she was at the Florida Writer's Conference. She's always great to connect with. Then Saturday I got up early to prepare for a baby shower. We had a good time. Somehow managed to fit 30 women in our living room.

Today, we were at church by 7:00. Lately, I love going in extra early to worship and pray on my own or with hubby and the few others that come early for prayer. God really touches us in that time.

So, now it's Sunday night. All is quiet. Time to rest, but think of the week ahead. My sister comes on Tuesday so I'd like to get as much writing done as I can. The book is due May 1 and time goes by so very quickly.

But, I'm looking forward to hanging with my sister, letting her rest and relax, get some sleep and sun.

Stay tuned for updates on my '09 release. It's exciting.

1 comment:

Sharon Hayes said...

I pray you sistahs have a wonderful, refreshing & relaxing time. Wish I could "horn" in. Love Mom