Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Bearing His Fragrance

I'm at my mom's in Tennessee for Thanksgiving. My older brother is here, my youngest brother lives here with his family. Of course, I brought hubby with my.

Oh, and my 94 year old Grandma lives here, too.

This evening, my sister-in-law and I ran errands. Target, Krogers, a mom and pop pizza joint. About an hour after we brought the pizza's home, I had to move my mom's car for my sister-in-law.

Sliding behind the wheel, I was hit with the fragrance of pizza. Just a few minutes in the car, the pizza aroma still permeated the car.

The Apostle Paul wrote to the Corinthians, "For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing."

Like the pizza, the fragrance of Jesus on us lingers long after we've come and gone. A few minutes in the car left over an hours worth of pizza aroma.

What would thirty minutes, or an hour, in the Lord's presence leave on us? Then, wherever we go, His fragrance lingers.

If another person had gotten in the car, they would've wanted pizza. So, what would happen to someone walking into our presence after we've been with Jesus.

Maybe they would crave Him? Or their hunger for spiritual truth would be awakened.

Hang out with Jesus then look at what happens to those around you.


4 comments:

Rhonda Gibson said...

Great post Rachel! I have been spending more time with the Lord and I'm thrilled with the peace that stays with me thoughout the day!

Sharon Hayes said...

What a powerful analogy Rachel, thanks.

He & Me + 3 said...

Rachel,

I just wanted to let you know that I received your book and I cannot wait to read it! Thanks so much for the giveaway!
Mimi

Annette M. Irby said...

I love this post, Rachel. Thanks for your perspective. Beautiful.

Annette