Saturday, August 21, 2004

Saturday in the House

No, it's not Saturday in the park and it's not the 4th of July. It's Saturday in the house, 21st of August. ;)

We slept in, grocery shopped and now, late in the afternoon, I blog. Oh, not to forget reading through 60 ACRW emails.

Sunday morning
I'm preaching tomorrow so I need to get prepared. I have to write out my messages, so I should get busy. They take several editing passes. I'm launching off of what Pastor Gary taught on last week, starting with his foundations message and going into Song of Solomon.

New computer
I bought a new computer this week. An Averatec 12 inch, thin and light. Since I travel around a lot with my computer, I needed a light weight one and one designed to be packed up and moved. I wasn't sure I'd like down grading the screen size, but being compact and light won me over. Plus, long battery life. I'm excited about it. I should arrive sometime next week.

Writing
I'm making good headway on Lambert's Code and recently sent a new chic lit idea to my agent. Hopefully, we can develop it more. She hasn't heard from the other publisher about my chic lit submission yet, but she says they are favaorabl.

Writing is hard work. It's fun to come up with ideas. It's fun to see the finished product and hold the book in my hand, but wow, everything in between is mentally and emotionally hard. The entire way through the rough draft, I constantly wonder if I know what I'm doing, positive the story thinks, and am half way convinced my crummy writing of this book will end my barely begun career. It's a rollercoaster I tell you. To make matters worse, publishing news, other writers ups and downs, their acceptance and rejections are fuel to the fire.

I constantly remind myself that the Lord is in charge of my life, especially my writing. Worry, doubt, and strife will get me no where. He started this work in me and through me. He will complete it. :)

Psalm 90:17 And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us, And establish the work of our hands for us; Yes, establish the work of our hands.

No comments: