Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop!

So a bunches of bunches of folks are participating in this blog hop to learn about new and old authors, and get a peek at what's coming.

For those of you who aren’t familiar with a blog hop, it’s a series of posts linked to each other across the web. I’d like to thank Edie Melson who invited me to this hop!

I’m answering ten questions about my latest WIP (Work in Progress). Feel free to post questions and comments! 

Here are my answers to the questions.

What is the working title of your book? 

I'm calling it "An Uncommon Duchess." Zondervan may change it but for now, that's the title. It's a bit of a double entendre. 

Where did the idea come from for the book?

This is the second book in the Royal Wedding Series. The first comes out in May 2013, "Once Upon A Prince."

The series idea came from watching Kate Middleton marry Prince William. The whole world was captured by Kate, William and the wedding. I thought a fictional series about a common girl becoming a princess, or duchess, would be fun.


Coming May 2013
What genre does your book fall under?

Romance! Love Stories. Good readin'.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

I have pictures of the characters but I don't have an idea of the actors who would play their role. I don't like to assign actors or actresses to my characters. It changes who they are to me and I want them to come out genuine and real, and with a spiritual truth.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? 

Regina Beswick knows who she is until a stranger from Europe arrives to tell her of her true identity.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

It will be published by Zondervan/Harper Collins. I am represented by Chip MacGregor at MacGregor Literary Agency.

 How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

About six weeks. And it's a very rough first draft.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

The Princess Diary for adults. :)

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

Who doesn't love a fairytale? A royal wedding?

And the story is about how we think we know who we are then the Gospel and love of Jesus is presented to us and we are forced to reckon with our true identity in Him. Regina faces that same battle.

Hop on over to my friend's blogs to continue this journey!

Sibella Giorello

Kristin Billerbeck 

Donita K. Paul

No comments: