Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Emanuel, God with us.

All is bright
Christmas night with only seventeen minutes remaining of day. My heart is full. Joy is evident. I'm in Tennessee with my husband and my family, and beyond the window, the night is thick with a cool rain.

Growing up, I hated the end of Christmas. No more glorious music. No more Christmas specials or holiday movies. Soon the lights in neighborhood yards will be taken down and off we go on day-in and day-out.

What is it about Christmas that makes us all stop and... hope. Believe? The lore of Santa Claus is about anticipating the "wow" of life. To believe the impossible.

Knowing and loving a big, amazing God makes the impossible seems possible. Even more, seem plausible. Why not here? Why not now? Why not me? You?

As much as I hate the end of the Christmas season, the New Year is chance for new hope and new joy. To set goals and face challenges. There's just something about a new year that says "reboot." Start over. Begin again.

Like the picture, life can seem very black and white at times. But there is always the color of Love and the dazzle of Promise that reminds us of what this is all about -- Emanuel. God with us!





No comments: