Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Wilderness

Ever feel like your heart is alone? Encapsulated in it's own silence, feed only by the springs of your own soul and spirit?

I've been feeling that way lately. As if my heart is not connected or in-touch with others -- my husband the exception.

I can think of people I know and love -- friends and family -- but there's a yearning going on that requires more than people. It requires Jesus.

The wilderness is where we learn to lean. The wilderness is where we discover our own barrenness. I feel sort of like He's calling me to the wilderness. I'm hungry and thirsty for something I can't define, that people cannot supply.

Song of Solomon 8:5 -- "Who is this coming up from the wilderness leaning on her Beloved?"

Me.

2 comments:

Sharon Hayes said...

Rachel, i think you may have just described how I've been feelig 0 it's like I miss someone & i'm looking for that to be satisfied. The last few days I've felt kinda "dry". My prayers seem like they're dribbling off my chin. The only thing I feel a little comfort is worshipping/praising Him but it even seems a little hollow.

Thank you so much for sharing your heart.

Unknown said...

Rachel, I wonder what the Lord has planned for you in the wilderness as you commune with Him? You're so right about those intimate moments with God being fertile and full of growth. Enjoy the journey, dear one.