Monday, December 15, 2008

AT&T and iPhone

Tony asked what I wanted for Christmas. "iPhone," I said.

So, I took a break from my edits to run down to the AT&T store. We have a contract with them already and like the service, um, er, the phone service.

The customer service stinks.

I couldn't get an iPhone. Wouldn't even sell me one at regular price. An existing customer. The sales rep told me they have to pay $700 for every iPhone and unless I sign a new contract, which I can't because I'm not eligible yet, he losses a bunch of money.

Really?

AT&T has an exclusive deal with Mac's iPhone that cost them $700 per phone? I almost laughed out loud. But I was trying not to cry. I really wanted an iPhone.

So, we left. I just don't get it. How can existing customers get no care or regard. Why are we treated like we are not wanted?

By the way, this store had three sales reps and no other customers but Tony and me.

Sigh, can we go back to the customer is always right?

Okay, last minute 2008 complaining before I'm not going to allow myself to do this in the New Year. Rats, not complaining is HARD.

3 comments:

Sabrina L. Fox said...

Sounds hinky to me...if Colleen can get one in Wabash, then I can't see why you can't get one.

I'd do something...not sure what...but something. LOL

Rebekah said...

Its will all providers. I have the same thing with Verizon- a new cutomer gets better deals than me, a 7 year loyal customer who always pays the bill on time

Julie said...

What?!?!?!

Um...a phone call to a manager is in order. Sounds hokey.