Sunday, November 27, 2011

40 Ways To Get Closer To God by Jerry MacGregor

My agent and friend, Chip MacGregor recently released his own non fiction work, 40 Ways To Get Closer To God.

Co-written with Keri Kent, Chip, writing under the name Jerry MacGregor, (not to be confused with Jerry Maguire) writes plainly and straight forward about a life in God.

From his blog:

"But let me warn you: if you read this book, you're not going to glow in the dark. It's not one of those, "I worked to be perfect... now YOU can be perfect like me" type of books. Those books always make me want to vomit. Besides, I'm not tall enough, and I don't have cool enough hair to get my picture on the cover. Instead, this is more of a "I'm a dork, but I did this stuff, so now I'm less of a dork than I used to be... in a way, I guess" sort of book."

I have a lot of respect for Chip, and though I don't disagree with him on everything about a life in God, he's a man of wisdom and candor.

Check out the book!

No comments: