Thursday, May 05, 2011

Beginning of Sorrows -- A word from my Hubby

You Are Here...


I was pondering three passages that describe the last days or beginning of sorrows.


Understand that this isn’t the time of great tribulation spoken of in Revelation, but what immediately precedes that time, so even if you’re pre-trib, no one escapes these events.


You can read them for yourself (Mt 14:4-12, 2 Tim 3:1-5, 2 Pe 3:3), but I’ll give you a short list of what to expect; deception, wars, famine, earthquakes, tribulation, martyrdom, hatred, offense, lawlessness, cold love, scoffers, lustful, self love, proud, disobedient, no self control, brutal, haughty, lovers of pleasure, haters of good, having a form of godliness but without power.


Sounds pretty bad, doesn’t it? And that’s what I was thinking about, how bad it’s going to get, when God pulled me up short with one statement. He said, “You’re already in the beginning of sorrows now.”


My first thought was, “this isn’t as bad as I thought it would be." So my immediate second thought was, “how desensitized to sin have I become that I’m living in the last days, don’t even recognize it, or think it’s that bad?”


What's our response? Jesus said in Luke 21 to be "on guard" and to "pray!"


3 comments:

Jackie Layton said...

My boys are 12 years apart, and as a parent I've noticed how much morals have sunk during this time. AND my
youngest son says things go on is school that he
doesn't feel appropriate to tell me about. He's protecting me! He's going to a Christian college this fall and during his college search we toured schools that were good academically, and supposed to be Christian, but we soon discovered they weren't. Okay, I'm going to make myself stop, but I'm concerned our country is out of control, and I'm praying with you.

Anonymous said...

Wow! It just has to be said that your hubby should write a book, Rachel! He could title it "You are Here"...I know plenty of people would relate with those insights. Great job :)
~thanks again Rachel for spending time with us WIN folks, I've gained so much from us brainstorming together. See you at conference! ~Lex Gilmore

http://www.lexgilmore.com/

Rachel Hauck said...

Thanks Jackie and Lexie. We do have to be diligent!

Lexie, it was great to be in Tulsa with y'all!

Rachel